Let’s face it, Americans love top 10 lists. David Letterman includes one in every episode of the show, and if you Google top 10 lists you will find an array of results that range from the predictable to the just plain strange.
A recent search result included:
- 10 absurd trademark claims
- 10 video game characters with real-life prototypes
- 10 competitive eating achievements NOT to be tried at home
I recently put together a top 10 list (of sorts) for Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs). It outlines in ten steps the activities that need to be completed to put a plan in place.
The ten steps are:
(1) Engage your ESOP consultant
(2) Conduct an ESOP feasibility analysis